Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mood when Writing

I'm in a good mood today. Cheerful. I have been told (by my siblings, you'd think they'd know better) that I seem to be grumpy most of the time. It's not true, but I have the sort of face which, when neutral, frowns a little. And I'm quiet, which they also equate with unhappy. In fact, most days I feel okay.

Today I woke up and was a little extra happy. Smile on my face, the urge to be silly for no reason. These are the days I like. It's overcast outside, not too hot, but not too dark and rainy. Cool inside, and my fingers are flying across the keyboard.

I don't feel like there's much for me to say today, but this mood strikes me as a clue. I'm another step closer to writing. Either of these new stories, or maybe even giving my novel one more go-around. [An extra round of editing to see if my nerves about it are just that, or if they're telling me it does still need a bit of work.]

I hope everyone else is having a good day, cheerful, and ready to write. I'll try to have a slightly more substantial post tomorrow, though.

No comments: