Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Free Reading for Fans of Fairy Tale Parodies

That was getting just a little silly in the alliteration department, wasn't it? I love alliteration, although that post title is just the basic facts, the details of which are these:


The Story
Nadia Lee is the author of "A Happily Ever After of Her Own," a story about Melinda, a teacher with the ability to visit fairy tales. She does so until the Fairy Tale police catch up and offer her a chance to avoid the charge of fairy tale killing--find Beauty, who disappeared from Beauty and the Beast when Melinda stepped into the story.

The Deal
Lee is offering the first two chapters free of charge to anyone who wants to read it. For further chapters, she'd like readers to sign up for her newsletter, which looks like a simple process of typing in your name and email at the end of the two open chapters. Here's the link for the first chapter, although earlier blog posts detail her decision to go through with this offer.

The Disclaimer!
I found out about Lee and her book through Diana Fox's LJ, and the story sounded right up my alley. It's fairy tale parody, and the sort of meta-fictional aspect that reminds me of Jasper Fforde's Tuesday Next series

Plus, I'm a sucker for Beauty and the Beast. Although Disney wasn't the first version I read/saw, I loved that Belle in the Disney version was a bookworm. Give me a bookish heroine and I'm almost guaranteed to be there.


*Caught up with those missed weekend posts. Should be one-a-day from now on, barring other missed days.

No comments: