Saturday, December 20, 2008

Near the end of my first half-week of vacation

Here is me, hoping that by keeping track of my word counts, it will somehow fuel me to keep writing more and more. ~my stomach growls in protest~

Day 1--Thursday 12/18 (since wednesday was a run-around kind of day): started at about 16,000, ended the day on 20,292

Total word count for the day: 4,292 words

Mitigating circumstances: This was all essentially transcription of what I'd written longhand over the course of this semester. So none of it, possibly barring a few sentences at the end.

On the other hand: Good way to start this break, and I had no idea I'd written that much longhand.


Day 2--Friday 12/19: started at 20,292, ended on 25,544 (yes, I'm being a little redundant)

Total word count for the day: 5,252 words

Mitigating circumstances: I was distracted by a trip outside and a long lunch, and distracted myself with computer games.

On the other hand: I see this as a very good word count for one day. I'm hoping to maintain this for at least a while.

To reach between 80,000 and 100,000 before I start up with school again, I should be writing between 2,800 and 3,600 words a day. This doesn't include the two big holidays and their eves. But I know that there will be days when I just write that much, and there will be days where I will go and lose most of my writing time. So I will take as many of these 5,000-word days as I can get. Preemptive strike.

Happy writing, all.

3 comments:

writtenwyrdd said...

Have a happy holiday of writing. I hope you reach your word goal!

R.L. LaFevers said...

Hey Miss Sabrina! You won the Shrinking Violets drawing on Sunday! Pop on over and check out your prize. I'll get it in the mail to you as soon as you email me your snail mail address.

And good luck on meeting your word goal!

Sabrina Favors said...

Thanks for the encouragement, you two. I'm past 29,000 now.