Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Job Hunt is Over!

Just a quick update. I was hesitant to say anything until I was absolutely sure, but I got the call that my background cleared and my new instructor orientation is on Monday. I am employed.

~does the happywiggle dance of happiness~




I'll be Heald's newest English instructor, with a pretty full course load for an adjunct (part-time newbie, basically) instructor. I've been reviewing the course plan and have until the 19th, when the new quarter starts, to build my syllabus from there.

I did the interview, then a mini-lesson teaching Program Directors and higher-ups about the usage of the semi-colon. It was a topic I didn't understand so well and I figured it would be good to learn something myself while teching others. And then, hee, I heard through the grapevine that after the mini-lesson, someone called me brilliant. Which blows my mind. All I can do is smile like a goofball and go, "Really?" But that's awesome, and gives me more confidence for this.

Wish me luck!

[And hope my posting doesn't drop off even more. >_<]

4 comments:

Jennifer Ambrose said...

Congratulations!!!!! That's fantastic news : D So excited for you! Please keep us posted on how it goes--when you can spare the time.

jjdebenedictis said...

Yay, and congratulations! (Heck, we all know you're brilliant; that's not news... :-p)

Sabrina Favors said...

Thank you both. I'm really hoping that having some more structure to my day will help me organize my free time better and really make progress writing and editing.

At home all day every day, I got lazy because I didn't -need- to do anything. The job will take up a lot of time, but that means the rest of my time will be more valuable. I will definitely keep you all posted. (And how does everyone else see this 'brilliant' thing that I've always missed, huh?)

writtenwyrdd said...

Congratulations! I hope you LOVE it!