Thursday, February 19, 2009

Drive-by posting

I should be editing. I am editing, in fact. Really. Just not at this particular moment. Things are loud at home and I am easily distracted by teh internet. But I hadn't posted here for a while, so an update:

I finished the first of HS on February 10, a day after my brother's birthday. It was a little over 90,000.

The final copy goes to my MA thesis committee on Monday and I've been reading through it editing since the 10th/11th.

There are a lot of subplots, some of which don't need to be developed so much, while at least one needs a major tweaking.

The first chapter has also come into question, because one of my readers thinks nothing happens until the escape, so why not start with the escape scene. But I want a little bit of set-up, showing the reader what the character's life is like before the appearance of werewolves and gods throws it around helter-skelter. Also, dropping the whole chapter might be too big a change for right now, so I'm editing it, making the few things that do happen a little bigger, more memorable, more noticeable, and hoping that that will improve it for the sake of the committee.

It is slow-going work, and mind-consuming. Expect more after Monday, well, let's make it Thursday, because after turning the thesis in, I have a couple hundred lines of translation to worry about.

See you on the other side.
Happy Writing,
Sabrina

3 comments:

writtenwyrdd said...

There is nothing wrong with a little this and that before the massive excitement of the escape.

I like knowing a bit about the world before I have to figure otu the crisis too. Especially with sf or fantasy where the worlds are entirely new, too.

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic

Anonymous said...

Also that we would do without your brilliant phrase