Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A few ideas to ponder

For some reason, I find it easier to continue editing one story if i'm working on another. wel, I say 'for some reason,' but this makes sense to me. In editing, I can get bogged down in the smaller details. If I'm working on new pages then I feel as if I'm still utilizing my creative talents (oh, I don't like that word, sounds sort of arrogant, but you know what I mean). I think, without doing any new writing, I'd end up really not enjoying the times I edit, and I wouldn't want to do it. The result being that it either takes forever to finish editing a piece, or I do a less careful job of it because I just want to finish.

Also, this new story I'm working on, I feel this urge to share the idea with people. Usually I don't. I might give the basics to a writerly friend, if it happens to come up in conversation, but this one I keep wanting to tell people. "Hey I have this new story, what do you think of the premise, or this characters, or these other guys?" Often enough I don't even like to describe my stories evenwhen they're well on their to being complete. Go figure.

Ah well. Job calls, so I'm off.

Happy writing.

No comments: